Turf Masters Lawn & Landscape is looking for a dependable, safety conscious, self-motivated, and organized candidate with an adequate knowledge of the Lawn & Landscape industry, a good driving record, and a positive attitude. A successful candidate will have customer service, problem solving, and operational & control skills with attention for detail. Candidate has to be able to operate ride-on ground application equipment safely with the ability to multitask operation controls, other application equipment, and a truck & trailer to transport equipment.
We are looking for team members who:
· Can be at work and on time every day
· Have a great attitude and willingness to learn
· Can be flexible as schedules will change depending on weather and season
· Takes great care of company vehicles and equipment
· Is respectful of co-workers and clients
· Has a great work ethic and can work alone without supervision
· Uses proper PPE and safety procedures
· Stays off the phone except for business calls and emergencies
· Has a working knowledge of various plants and how to care for them
· Experience with patios, retaining walls, large/heavy equipment, and hand tools
· Can intelligently communicate with homeowners and property managers
· Can document all working hours as well as materials used on a daily basis
Our employee program can provide:
· Health & dental insurance plan
· Employer matching retirement plan
· Supplemental Insurance
Please contact us for detailed job descriptions and more information.
"I've been working at Team Turf Masters Lawn and Landscape for the past 10 years, it's been great to be able to watch a company develop in a team-oriented manner. I really like that I am able to grow within the company. I started out in the field with landscape construction, was promoted to a position where I designed them and now I run the department. It's gratifying to see all the accomplishments we've made, and I can't wait to see what the future holds!"
- Chris Lee, Landscaping Sales/Operations Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $23.00 /hour
Apply in person at 3500 2nd St Coralville, IA 52241 or online at www.masteryourlawn.com.
The position will involve the use of a variety of hand tools such as shovels, rakes, brooms, handsaws, levels, chisels, hammer/mallet, string lines, and hand tampers for simple tasks such as leveling blocks, cutting blocks, cutting wood, grooming gardens and installing plants. In addition, they may use many power tools for heavier tasks such as cutting blocks or edging and cutting down trees or heavy branches with a chainsaw or electric clippers. You must have some experience with a skid loader/mini-walk behind loader as you will need to know how to maneuver and troubleshoot your equipment.
Position requires 2-5 years of landscaping work experience with minimum high school education and diploma or equivalent is required. An additional college education is preferred but not required. Paid training will be provided and a valid driver's license is required!
Position will involve mixing and/or applying pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, or insecticides through sprays, dusts, vapors, soil incorporation, or chemical application on trees, shrubs, and lawns; communicating with customers about service details and property conditions, and maintaining clear and accurate records of all work required to be maintained daily. Position requires State of Iowa Certified Pesticide Applicators License with categories 3OT and 6A as well as a valid driver's license. A minimum high school education with a diploma or equivalent is required. Experience, extended education, and current pesticide licensing preferred but not required. Testing is required to obtain pesticide licensing. Paid training will be provided.